What would you do to help the homeless?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scott Rice

I lost my cousin, Scott Rice, on Father's Day. He was celebrating Father's Day and his oldest daughter's birthday at Wellington Lake when he made a bad decision to jump out of the boat and swim to shore. He and another lady jumped out of the boat to swim to shore. The lady made it and Scott went down. They combed the lake for four hours and finally found his body at 8:00 Sunday evening. By this time, many, many people from Caldwell were on the shore holding hands. He has three children: Lexi, Logan, and Corbin. He also left behind a wife, Kirsten. He was very popular and will be missed by many. I want you all to remember how fragile life is and how important it is to obey safety rules and make good decisions. Even then, none of us really know when our time is over, so be kind to everyone and enjoy each day as it is a true gift. I will see you all on Thursday when we cook Asian food and celebrate life! Love to you all!

4 comments:

  1. that is so sad i am sorry that your cousin died i have a lot of family friends that drowned like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms.Richardson I am so so sorry about your cousin. I would cry for 2 days when I lost a family member. I feel sad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry for your loss. I know it can be very hard. Just remember the good times you had with your cousin. If you need to talk we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete