What would you do to help the homeless?

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome!

I had so much fun yesterday "blogging" with all of you! If you have not made a blog list with everyone on it, you might do that! It is really cool to see everyone's blog.
More than that, it's really fun to hang out with all of you! A week from tomorrow, we go to the church and pack commodity boxes. Meanwhile, we're going to study bees. I have been planning a bee theme for a long time because we are so dependent on bees for food, yet the bee population is dwindling. It's a huge concern in the world! From reading your blogs yesterday, you have a lot to learn about bees. I have learned a lot preparing the unit. I have six "bee hives" or learning centers. Three of them (half, 1/2) are hands on activities that will be really cool! Also, with Ryan's help (ahem!), we are going to do a scale drawing of a giant bee. After all, we have to throw a little math into summer school! I'm going to divide you into groups of two and each group will produce or "blow up" or enlarge a section of the giant bee. If everyone does their section correctly, it will be something we can be proud of and hang in the hall. Imagine that! Also, sometime today, I want each of you to submit a honey recipe for Thursday! Stay tuned for more fun activities and beeeeeeee a good person! Always!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I am in Summer School and I was having fun yesterday blogging THAT IS FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the honey recipe sounds so much fun, and the bee scale drawing is going to bee so much fun. And i am not going to have mathatude when we do math.

    ReplyDelete