What would you do to help the homeless?

Monday, June 29, 2009

Weather and the Weekend

It's really good to be here this morning and see everyone! We're halfway through summer school and it's gone fast, hasn't it? I thought that on Wednesday we could go grocery shopping for Hawaiian food and play dodge ball and the church. What say you? I'll put up a gadget vote for that so be sure to vote.

Now, the blog topic...the weather. Hmmmmm..... I was so very grateful for yesterday's "cool" day. It wasn't really cool but it seemed like it have a string of 100 degree weather days. I went riding in my boyfriend's SSR hot rod convertible and we went down to the antique car show. I ran into a former student there who is now a MAN and he recognized me; I did not recognize him at first. We had such a nice, long conversation, remembering all the fun times when he was in my class. He was the "Dante" of my class many years ago and used to do a perfect Michael Jackson imitation. It was kind of uncanny because I had been thinking about that with MJ's death.

The storm was a little scary. We (boyfriend and I) were at El Maguey when it hit and didn't have umbrellas. We were parked a hundred miles (exaggerated) away and had to make a run for it. We were soaking wet. Then we went to Mega Movies. We watched Slumdog Millionaire and I really liked it.

Have a great week! I love you! ;)

2 comments: